Q & A
Friday, March 4, 2005
I was having trouble completing my 100 Things so I asked for some input and got more than I bargained for! Thanks to everyone who responded. You certainly made me think.
The following is not in any specific order, but here are the questions asked and some of the answers:
- Donalda asked: What subject, which isn’t already, should be taught in schools?
I think schools should introduce courtesy lessons. Awareness of others is a prerequisite of society and appears to be on the decline.
- Adrian asked: What’s the biggest crime you have committed but never been caught over?
Answer: I once stole Â£50 from a guy at college. Him being an complete asshole made it much easier to justify (and I couldn’t be bothered going to the bank).
- zed asked: would you ever consider becoming a vegetarian ?
Answer: I once thought about becoming a vegetarian, but I couldn’t live without bacon rolls or a good steak.
- Tom asked: Where in the world would you most like to live, if not where you are living now?
I would love to live on a beach. Somewhere warm (not too hot), quiet and remote. Or Watermead near Aylesbury. Or in a big city, London, Sydney, San Francisco.
- razorhead asked: You are given free reign to introduce one law for the United Kingdom. What is it?
Answer: If I could introduce one law, it would be compulsory testing for the right to have a child.
- Vaughan asked: Anchovies. Why?
Answer: I don’t like fish. I’ll eat some seafood (prawns) and the occasional piece of salmon or sushi but that’s about it. Definitely not Anchovies though. Not sure why.
- Shelagh asked: In your opinion, what is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Answer: The bravest thing I’ve ever done is to climb, and then abseil back down, a rockface. I was 16 and completely petrified.
- Clair asked: Where do you feel most at home?
Answer: I feel most at home when I’m near water ~ AND ~ The place I call home is wherever Louise and I are – she IS home.
- Ian asked: In what order do you store your cd’s/dvd’s? Does it bug you if there not in the correct order?
Answer: My CDs are ordered in four different sections – band (A-Z), male artist (A-Z), female artist (A-Z) and compilations/soundtracks. Recently acquired classical CDs are causing a major problem. ~ AND ~ If you borrow a CD, DVD or book from me, let ME put it back in the right place. Thank you.
- Peter asked: If you had to live for the rest of your life on the same meal, what would it be? (You can have three standard courses… starter, main, afters.)
Answer: I would happily spend the rest of my life eating chilli nachos as a starter, fillets of beef with new potatoes as a main course, and creme caramel for dessert.
- Donalda asked: What one thing would you have done differently if you could your time over again?
If I could have my time over, I wouldn’t change a thing. I am who am I because of my past.
- Adrian asked: You’re biggest turn on and turn off.
Answer: My biggest turn on is probably a self confident woman. Sure I could be specific but a nice pair of boobs isn’t all that’s needed. Gimme a woman who knows that she IS a woman and is confident in and of herself and you got me hooked. Of course a killer rack and nice curvy bum always help ~ AND ~ My biggest turn off is loud, brash women. The type who wear enough gold to sink a small navy, and who have no idea what I mean by “womanly charms” as they have none.
- zed asked: How would you like to die ?
Answer: When I die, I’d like it to be painlessly. That’s my only ‘dying wish’. No pain. I hate pain. I’m a big woose and the worst thing imaginable would be to die a painful, terrifying death. Quietly in my sleep will do for me thanks.
- Tom asked: Which toy did you most want to own as a child?
I always wanted a Big Trak when I was kid. In fact, I STILL want one!! (stamps feet)
- Donalda asked: Which teacher insipred you most and why?
Miss Scott, my English teacher, inspired me to see things through my own eyes and trust what I was seeing. I’m forever in her debt.
Now, there are a few unanswered questions as well, but they required a longer answer than this format allows. I’m still considering the answers and will post some answers to them soon. Thanks again to everyone who responded.