Comment Posting Policy
Monday, March 7, 2005
Some posts allow readers to post comments. Anonymous comments will no longer be allowed, nor will posts without a valid (working) email address.
I reserve the exclusive right to moderate all comments posted on my site, including but not limited to:
- Marking up comments that contain flames or ad hominem attacks against me or others in the community. Any comments that I decide are personal attacks against me or others. Such flames will be marked as deleted and linked to this page.
- Deleting comments that contain flames or ad hominem attacks against my family or friends. Repeat offenders will be banned by all available means.
- Deleting comments that are off-topic. Comments that are dramatically off-topic or do not contribute to the discussion of the posts (or any discussion that has arisen in the comments) will be deleted. Email is the best way to give me your opinion in these cases. Email me; ask me anything.
- Not all posts have comments enabled, and this is intentional. Some posts have comments enabled for a limited time, and then no more comments may be added; this is also intentional. Attempts to use one post to comment on another will be deleted.
- Deleting comments that contain offensive language. Repeated use of abusive and offensive language will be deleted and banned.
- Trackbacks are remote comments and are subject to these same rules.
Ultimately these rules are here to give me some control over my site. Hopefully I’ll never have to resort to them, I’ve not had need for them in over eight years of blogging, and I don’t expect that to change any time soon.
Just covering my own back. No-one else will.